Numerology Key Words
It is essential to understand that the root numbers used in numerology are, in their essence, all equal, one to the other. Each of the numbers has its positive traits and likewise each number has its negative potential. Here are brief listings of traits for each number:
1 Positive Traits: Initiator of action, a pioneering spirit, inventive ideas, strong leadership skills, independent, drives to attain, individualistic style, executive abilities, extraordinary will and determination, courageous.
1 Negative Traits: Overly assertive or aggressive, dominating, impulsiveness, egotistic, boastfulness, willfulness.
2 Positive Traits: Cooperation, adaptability, considerate of others, sensitive to the needs of others, partnering, an arbiter or mediator, modest, sincere, spiritually influenced, a diplomat.
2 Negative Traits: Shyness, timidity, fear, self-consciousness, drown in detail, depression.
3 Positive Traits: Self-expressive in many ways, verbalization, inspiration and keen imagination, artistic gifts, accurate impressions and insights, never-ending optimism, happy and fun-loving, enjoys life fully.
3 Negative Traits: Scattered energies, exaggeration, unfinished projects, lack of direction, moodiness, self-centeredness.
4 Positive Traits: Strong sense of order and values, struggle against limits, steady growth, highly practical, scientific mind, attention to detail, foundation for achievement, a genius for organization, fine management skills.
4 Negative Traits: Lack of imagination, caught up in detail, stubborn fixed opinions, argumentative, slow to act, too serious, confused.
5 Positive Traits: Expansiveness, new and visionary ideas, quick thinking, versatile and ever-changing, action oriented, curious and exploring, promoting, resourceful in using freedom constructively.
5 Negative Traits: Restless, discontent, edgy temperament and speech, dissatisfaction, too many hasty decisions, impatience, lacking in application.
6 Positive Traits: A strong sense of responsibility, artistic, a nurturing disposition, community oriented, balanced, sympathy for others, a humanitarian, unselfishness, love of home and domestic affairs, freely renders service to others.
6 Negative Traits: Self-righteousness, obstinacy, stubborn, dominates family and friends, meddling, egotistical and susceptible to flattery, outspoken.
7 Positive Traits: Skilled at analysis and research, an intelligent seeker of knowledge, scientific and inventive, studious, meditating, charming personality and demeanor, love of solitude and peace, a perfectionist.
7 Negative Traits: Hidden motives and suspicions, overly reserved, arguments enjoined with silence or sarcasm, isolated, inflexible positions, overly upset by distractions.
8 Positive Traits: Executive character and abilities, political skills, expert handling of power and authority, working for a cause, achieving recognition, exercising sound judgment, decisive and commanding.
8. Negative Traits: Workaholic, overly ambitious, lacking humanitarian instincts, mismanaging money, repressing subordinates, impatient with people, stressed, materialistic.
9 Positive Traits: Heartily friendly and congenial, a hail-fellow, humanitarian instincts, a giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression, readily influenced to do good works, artistic and writing talents.
9 Negative Traits: Self-adulation, scattered interests, possessiveness, moodiness, careless with finances, wanting peer attention.
11 See number 2. Spirituality is emphasized more, but in essence, the 2 traits, positive and negative apply.
22 See number 4. Exceptional projects possible, but in essence, the 4 traits, positive and negative apply.
Number Brief Description:
1 Number one people can be very critical of themselves and others. They have issues surrounding time, creativity, independence, personal safety, and perfection.
2 Number two people have issues involving their sense of well being, communication, and balance. They enjoy doing things for others and may find themselves juggling responsibilities.
3 Number three people have issues involving your personal power, balance, money, abundance, and commitment. They may need to constantly evaluate whether they are working to satisfy their needs or to inflate their egos.
4 Number Four people have issues that involve love, forgiveness, and hope. Structure is very important and a good solid support system is often needed
5 Number Five people have issues involving expression, will power, truth, and education. They can be excellent problem solvers, as they tend to be analytical.
6 Number six people have issues involving support, compassion, dreams, inspiration and hope. They can be great achievers if they do not let their fears chain them down.
7 Number seven people have issues involving wisdom, leadership, control and freedom. These people love to be the center of attention and enjoy positions of authority/responsibility that allows them to interact with a wide range of people. Power can go to their heads.
8 Number eight people have issues involving stamina, courage and determination. These people can be great public speakers as they can be very motivational.
9 Number nine people have issues involving patience, self-determination, learning and planning. They can be very good personal caregivers, as they tend to have a great deal of empathy, and compassion.
Meaning of the numbers in a nutshell:
1. Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual -- self-motivated, strategy, complusive/compulsion, driven, self-critique, bored easily, pride.
2. Cooperation, adaptability, consideration of others, partnering, mediating -- peace-maker, mediator -- need to be loved, validated, emotional.
3. Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living -- communication, expression, comedian -- verbal, fashionable, opinionated.
4. A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth -- seeks knowledge, inquisitive -- learns the hardway.
5. Expansiveness, visionary, adventure, the constructive use of freedom -- freedom, adventure -- creates unnecessary drama, provokes.
6. Responsibility, protection, nurturing, community, balance, sympathy -- magnetic, +/- King/Queen (egotistical).
7. Analysis, understanding, knowledge, awareness, studious, meditating -- spiritual, faith (in God or as a god), mystery -- loner quality/nature.
8. Practical endeavors, status oriented, power-seeking, high-material goals -- mastery, money/finances, greed -- learns the hardway -- difficult lessons.
9. Humanitarian, giving nature, selflessness, obligations, creative expression -- humanitarian, old soul, compassionate.
11. High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.
22. The Master Builder, large endeavors, powerful force, a leader.
11. Birthing and anchoring the new.
22. Building upon the new, building new lives and a new world.
33. Universal service through the quickening of our One Being.
44. The balance between spiritual and physical, the reconfiguring of our evolutionary labyrnith - as above, so below - the creation of the foundation of our new lives.
55. Attaining personal freedom through living our love.
66. Fulfilling our responsibilities in a joyful, creative manner.
77. Profound insights and revelations - honouring ourselves to our Core Beings.
88. Mastering abundance.
99. The completion of a major evolutionary cycle.
Michael McClain home page